Not quite though...
There is still no stopping the timer, I cant quite work out how to stop the timer on trigger at the end of each level. I have tried multiple different coding approaches but nothing seems to fix it.
Scoreboards are not in place yet either, I might put this in at a later date and get some other functions working to the way they should.
Fixing the movespeed, turnspeed and jump height for the player character is really easy using the unity game engine. You just select your object and change the slider vars on the side bar. It is really that simple... I was fiddling with these settings for a little while to get the character to behave properly for the levels.
The Is Grounded option is to say whether or not the player is on the ground. If the player is on the ground, the player may use the jump key. This was to fix an issue where the player could continuously jump throughout the levels without the need to use the platforms.
The moving platforms were greatly slowed down so that it was easy enough for beginner players. If more levels were to be added, the speed of which the platforms moved would vary greatly and offer difficult resistance.
A problem I cannot get rid of, is this:
Whenever the player jumps onto the moving platform in the third level at a weird angle or lands funny, this happens.. It stretches the character model along some axis by some amount. I have no idea what causes this, I have no idea how to fix this. :(


No comments:
Post a Comment