I wanted 4 stationary positions for the players HUD, 1 in each corner of the screen. Then for the info boxes, I wanted them to pop up where the player would be able to read with ease and not interfere with anything else going on that was needed to look at.
This was achieved by using small GUI components on the screen, tucked away in the corner to give the player a feel like they are really in the game, yet still in a game. The info boxes were done by placing trigger pads on the floor where the info was meant to be accessible, using a script to detect whether the player was in the trigger or not would display the message or not.
I managed to re-use the code that I built and learnt from this in each of my levels with little problems, it was a great task.



No comments:
Post a Comment