Creating my game character
I made a cube to be the player controlled character. I attached a simple move script that I wrote. The script at first was basic WASD functions, forward, backward, turn left and turn right. Getting the jump to work correctly took a little bit of fiddling with code but it was delt with in no time really.
After I had the basic movement functions down, I decided that I wanted a way in which to look around the character like you have in many of games now a days. This was quite tricky to code for me, I have never attempted anything like this and thus thought it would be a great addition to my game. There were a few problems in setting it up but once it was done it really gave the player a better advantage to judge gaps and moving platforms.
Jumping seems a bit too easy on the player but I can change the variables at a later date.

No comments:
Post a Comment